Private Dog Training
Our most popular service. At Peach on a Leash, we believe that the most effective training is done in the comfort of your home. We come to your home, assess your goals, implement a training plan to help you meet those goals, and guide you through the training process with follow-up support.
Purchase single sessions, or choose a training package to receive a discount on the standard hourly rate. There’s no need to decide until after your consultation!
- Training Packages:
- Package of 3 private training sessions: $270
- Package of 5 private training sessions: $445
- Package of 7 private training sessions: $615
- Package of 10 private training sessions: $850
- Single 60 minute private session: $95
- Peachy Puppy Training Package: Designed for puppies 16 weeks and under, our puppy kickoff package is the perfect way to lay a solid training and socialization foundation. We’ll help you with potty training, nipping, and other common puppy problems. Your puppy will learn all the basic cues (including sit, down, come, go to bed, loose leash walking, and more) plus will be enrolled in our “Operation Socialization” program to help you have fun while socializing your new pup. $500 for six sessions
Board and Train
Looking for more intensive training in our head trainer’s home? Our board & train dogs are fully immersed in a home environment during their stay with us, and receive several structured training sessions each day. We only take on a maximum of two board & train cases at a time.
We’re excited to have started booking for our brand new board & train home that will debut in October. All of our canine clients will enjoy a half-acre, securely fenced yard for exercise and training, plus a hiking trail and expansive field that’s perfect for recalls and more advanced training. It truly is dog heaven!
We can create a custom program for your dog, but also offer several board & train programs with pre-planned curriculums, including:
- Puppy Camp: Our Puppy Camp is one of our most popular board & train options and is offered to puppies under the age of 5 months. We help with socialization, potty training and crate training, as well as building your puppy’s training foundation. Your pup will come home knowing a whole host of new behaviors and tricks.
- Loose Leash Walking Camp: Need help with loose leash walking? This hyper-focused leash walking camp is designed to focus exclusively on your dog’s leash manners. (5 day minimum required)
- Training Foundations Camp: Training Foundations Camp is the perfect board & train option for friendly adult dogs. Whether you’re going on vacation and want to make the most of your dog’s time away from home, or you have specific skills you’d like your dog to learn, this camp offers flexible scheduling and customizable curriculums.
Because of the unique nature of our highly specialized board & train programs, dogs must be healthy, up-to-date on all vaccines, and comfortable being crated overnight and while left alone in order to qualify. For dogs staying five days or longer, a follow-up private session within a week of the board and train stay is offered at a 15% discount.
- $100/day – (3 day minimum is required for all board & train programs, unless otherwise specified.)
- $125/day for dogs & puppies that are not potty trained and/or use potty pads (due to the extra time and work required)
Want the visible results you’ll get working with a professional dog trainer, but without the big time commitment? With our day training package, we’ll come to your home and work with your dog while you’re away, and you’ll only need to take part in one weekly “owner transfer” session to make sure you’re caught up with what we’ve been working on.
Step 1: Initial Training Consult: $95
A 60-90 minute consultation that includes an assessment of your dog, a determination of which day training package will be most effective for you, the opportunity to discuss goals and ask questions, and we’ll begin training that day as well! Training plans and follow-up support are provided throughout the duration of all day training packages.
Step 2: Choose Your Day Training Package
- Option 1: Puppy Package. Four-week package to get your puppy a critical training and socialization foundation, with a pre-planned curriculum including socialization and handling activities, sit, down, coming when called, potty training, crate training, touch, leash walking, and more. (Includes 16 sessions – 3 training sessions a week for four weeks, plus one 60 minute “owner transfer” sessions each week). Cost: $330/4 weekly sessions
- Option 2: Foundations Package. One month package to build a solid behavioral foundation for your adult dog, with a pre-planned curriculum including sit, down, stay, coming when called, leave it, wait, loose leash walking, heel, and more. (Includes 16 sessions – 3 training sessions a week for four weeks, plus one 60 minute “owner transfer” session each week). Cost: $360/4 weekly sessions
- Option 3: Custom Package. We’ll tailor a custom training package to your dog’s specific needs, starting at just $75/session. Contact us for details.
Dog’s Day Out
We’re now excited to be offering a customizable “Dog’s Day Out” program! Perfect for puppies and adult dogs, the Dog’s Day Out program puts a creative spin on traditional dog walking. You’ll get a tired, happy dog and the added bonus of having a professional trainer working with your dog.
We’ll pick up your dog or puppy from your home and provide them with customized mental and physical exercise and enrichment. Depending on your location and your dog’s individual needs and preferences, this could include a nature hike, a walk, socialization time at a local park, a mini-training session, and/or mental enrichment games.
Cost: $35/1 hour or $50 for 90 minutes (packages available for discounted rates)
Head trainer Alex is available for phone or Skype consultations. It’s the perfect service for clients living out of our service area who want to take advantage of Alex’s expertise. We also offer an email service, where you’ll receive multiple responses for one flat rate. Not recommended for aggression or other complex behavior cases.
- 30 minute phone/Skype consultation: $40
- 1 hour phone/Skype consultation: $75
- Email a question: $20 for a 5-email correspondence
We’ll match you with the dog of your dreams! Whether you’re looking for a purebred pup or a shelter dog, we’ll make sure you find a reputable breeder or organization and will coach you through the entire process of getting your new dog. This includes detailed information on what dog is going to be right for your family, having our head trainer by your side when visiting any breeder or organization, as well as hands-on temperament evaluations of any dog or puppy you’re interested in. This is a great option for families with young children that want to be sure their new addition will be a safe one. You’ll also be eligible for a discount on one of our training packages.
We offer discounted rates on private training, dog evaluations, employee/volunteer training, and more to 501c3 licensed rescue organizations.